Name:
Location: Fairborn, Ohio, United States

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My first wire-wrapped bangle...


... a la Eni Oken. I fell in love with this style bracelet from the first time I saw Eni Oken's site. Eni is generous enough to offer her designs in a tutorial to wannabes like me. Of course this is my first try and it doesn't look nearly as nice and neat as I would have liked; but this is a learning process!

I chose two of my favorite colors, pink and green. The green stones are Serpentine and the pink is Cherry Quartz. About 25 feet of silver wire went into this bracelet along with about 7 or 8 hours of work. I found it a bit difficult to work with the fine gauge wire and some of the wire coils aren't as tight as I would like them to be! My technique improved as I went on and I think my next attempt will be much more professional.

Feel free to post your comments. I'd be happy to hear them!

Jen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bravoo.. really very good for the first project.. i hope i reach this standard some day.. RM

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home